Deputies investigating fatal hit-and-run of 12-year-old | News
WOOSTER, Ark. (KTHV) -- Deputies are investigating the fatal hit-and-run of a child in Faulkner County.
According to the sheriff's office, a 12-year-old riding a four wheeler was killed in a hit-and-run in Wooster.
We're told the 27-year-old suspect Michael Fowler from Springfield, allegedly intoxicated, was driving a black 1998 Dodge pickup truck with two passengers inside at the time of the crash.
Deputies say one of the passengers forced himself out of the truck after the hit-and-run, and called a relative who called police to tell them that what had happened. Deputies were already on their way to the scene, they say, when they received the call.
Apparently a witness called 911 around 5:30 p.m. to report the hit-and-run on Burgess Lane.
Fowler, we're told, was apprehended in Morrilton by officers around 6:20 p.m. and is being uncooperative. Deputies say he has been taken to a hospital for blood work to determine his blood alcohol level.
We're told formal charges for Fowler are expected in the coming days, but the suspect is currently apprehended on suspicion of DWI and leaving the scene of an accident.
The family of the child has been notified, but authorities say they are withholding the name.
Upcoming Events near Conway
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UPDATE:Unit remains offline after early morning fire at Nuclear One plant in Russellville
- Russellville, Pope County among the worst hit by snow and ice in Arkansas
- Road condition, power outage, and accident updates throughout the area
- Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield to give away Christmas meals
- State Police: Stay away from I-30 between I-40, I-440