Suspicious package addressed to Obama appears at Conway bank | News
CONWAY, Ark. (KTHV) - A bomb squad hauls away a suspicious package from a Conway bank.
According to Conway police, officers along with the bomb squad responded to River Town Bank at the corner of E. German Lane and E. Oak Street in reference to a package that had been left in front of the bank.
Police say the package was addressed to President Barack Obama at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue with a Conway return address.
After inspection, authorities contacted the man who is listed at the return address. We're told he denies having anything to do with it.
LaTresha Woodruff with Conway police says the bomb squad has hauled it away for further examination and the scene is now cleared.
If any other information because available, we'll update you. Stay with Today's THV and todaysthv.com.
Upcoming Events near Conway
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Russellville, Pope County among the worst hit by snow and ice in Arkansas
- Road condition, power outage, and accident updates throughout the area
- Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield to give away Christmas meals
- State Police: Stay away from I-30 between I-40, I-440
- Pope County man dies after tree falls on camper