Walmart to hire 50,000 workers for holiday season | News
NEW YORK (AP) - Walmart Stores Inc. says it expects to hire more than 50,000 temporary employees this holiday season and will be offering more hours to its existing workers.
(Photo Gallery: 5 Things to know to land a seasonal job)
The world's largest retailer, based in Bentonville, Ark., says that this year's holiday hiring will be up slightly from last year, although it declined to give a precise figure for the increase. The discounter operates more than 4,000 stores in the U.S. and employs about 1.4 million people nationwide.
Walmart's announcement Friday follows one by Kohl's earlier this week indicating its stores will be hiring more than 52,700 people, up more than 10 percent from last year.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Conway
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UPDATE:Unit remains offline after early morning fire at Nuclear One plant in Russellville
- Russellville, Pope County among the worst hit by snow and ice in Arkansas
- Road condition, power outage, and accident updates throughout the area
- Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield to give away Christmas meals
- State Police: Stay away from I-30 between I-40, I-440