Former UCA president arraignment scheduled | News
CONWAY, Ark. (KTHV) -- The former president of University of Central Arkansas will be in court for arraignment on a misdemeanor charge in Faulkner County Circuit Court Nov. 19.
Allen Meadors is charged with one count of solicitation of tampering with a public record. He allegedly asked a UCA employee to get rid of a letter from Aramark, a UCA food vendor. The letter said the company would give the school $700,000 as a donation to help renovate the president's house if the school renewed the vendor's contract for seven years.
Meadors' attorney says he plans to enter a not guilty plea. Meadors resigned last year.
Upcoming Events near Conway
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Russellville, Pope County among the worst hit by snow and ice in Arkansas
- Road condition, power outage, and accident updates throughout the area
- Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield to give away Christmas meals
- State Police: Stay away from I-30 between I-40, I-440
- Pope County man dies after tree falls on camper