AFC encourages all county judges to ban any use of fireworks | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - Burn bans have been issued in over 50 counties in Arkansas, and the Arkansas Forestry Commission has classified the entire state as being in high wildfire danger. Any open burning is discouraged.
Crews have suppressed 21 wildfires that burned 915 acres this past weekend alone.
The AFC says that without significant rain in the forecast, they strongly encourage all county judges to include bans on the setting-off of fireworks while under a burn ban.
Upcoming Events near Conway
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Trout Day rescheduled for Jan. 11
- Tech student receives surprise scholarship from alumnae
- UPDATE:Unit remains offline after early morning fire at Nuclear One plant in Russellville
- Russellville, Pope County among the worst hit by snow and ice in Arkansas
- Road condition, power outage, and accident updates throughout the area