UCA receives $100K donation | News
CONWAY, Ark. (AP) - A company has pledged $100,000 to create an endowed professorship in the Insurance and Risk Management program at the University of Central Arkansas.
Officials say the contribution by AMC/Fairmont will go toward the Dr. John Bratton Endowed Professorship. AMC/Fairmont president Stephen L. Strange says the growth and strength of the program's curriculum is directly attributable to Bratton's leadership.
The number of majors has grown from six in 2002 to 87 in 2011. Last year, Bratton championed a regulatory change that allowed Central Arkansas graduates to take the claims adjusters license exam without the one year experience or direct supervision requirement.
Bratton is a professor of insurance and risk management.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Upcoming Events near Conway
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Affordable Care Act enrollment opportunity at the Laman Library
- Artist INC Artists Exhibit Talent While Raising Funds for Art Connection
- NLRPD'S 11th annual 'Shop with a Cop'
- A “Belew Christmas” at Wildwood Park for the Arts cancelled
- Two NLR neighborhoods to hold planning meetings for recently awarded Jump Start grants