Board approves lights and land purchase | Schools
CONWAY—The University of Central Arkansas Board of Trustees approved two items on a teleconference agenda on Monday, June 24, 2013.
The board approved a contract with Techline Lighting to install lights at the track and soccer complex, and board members approved the purchase of property at 230 Donaghey Avenue.
The track and soccer complex at the corner of Dave Ward Drive and Donaghey Avenue was completed without lights. A conduit was placed underground if lights were installed later.
Techline Lighting currently is working on the campus installing lights at two new student recreational fields. The cost of lights at the track and soccer complex is estimated at $190,000.
The board also approved the purchase of property at a cost of $165,000. The property sits on Donaghey Avenue directly across from Harding Centennial Plaza, between Bruce Street and South Boulevard.
The meeting adjourned at approximately 4:10 p.m., about 10 minutes after it began.
Upcoming Events near Conway
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Transformer fire at Nuclear One plant 'under control'
- Russellville, Pope County among the worst hit by snow and ice in Arkansas
- Road condition, power outage, and accident updates throughout the area
- Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield to give away Christmas meals
- State Police: Stay away from I-30 between I-40, I-440